Wednesday 15 April 2015

NON-DU & NON NLU LAW STUDENT ?? GOOD...YOU WILL GO REALLY FAR !!


Being a lawyer is difficult. But what is easy in this world ??
I was in 3rd year when i started internship, not in a high profile law firm which is actually a trend in DU, NLU and other reputed law colleges. You need to be a DU or NLU  student to get chance in firms like amarchand or Luthra's or yeahh obviously the links or connections would do !

I AM FROM CCS UNIVERSITY !!

Yepp....that was the first big hurdle for me. Senior Advocates and associates in law firms  always use to compliment me on my skills, my caliber but the moment they get to know my university, my value was like a " big zero" and trust me i have experienced this many times and probably there would be other law students who are facing such problems.

Well, at one point of time i was shattered and disappointed. Also i was planning to quit the field. But then i just realized that why should i quit the field when i know i can make it. Why i am being under-estimated just because of my university. That day i planned to give a f*** to people who have such mind set and promised myself that i am never gonna quit because advocacy is my passion, interest everything.

The question here is does university matters ????

In actual NO !! but for the people who are nothing but mere a show off...yes it does matter. For the people who know nothing but will flaunt, for them,,yes it does matter. For the people who have probably never seen the struggle...yes it does matter,

BUT YOU HAVE TO RISE ABOVE SUCH IDIOTS !!! 

Never quit the litigation if it is your passion. Interning or working in reputed law firms is a good thing, but de-motivating yourself just because you are non-du or non- nlu person doesn't make sense.
Advocacy is all about your knowledge, your skills, your caliber to argue in a court, your confidence and definitely not about your university.

So next time, if anybody make faces or taunts you for your university, salute him/her with your middle finger and move on haha !! No need to get stressed or depressed. Advocacy is a beautiful profession and litigation is amazing. :) :) 

Kanika Bhardwaj
Advocate



4 comments:

  1. Well written,. It clearly explains my current situation....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last para is for you then :)
      I have gone through all such things yaar....bbut it won't stop us :D

      Delete
  2. You saying right kanika . no matter that which university or college we belong . .. Matter is that your professional skill or passion or work upon it

    ReplyDelete